Saturday, June 7, 2008

An alternative point of view

Prayer has been neglected to the point of social and economic decline in our political system. I do not go blameless in my comments, however I have come to realize, the need for transformation in my own heart. It is easy to make negative comments about our leaders. Easy to judge them, and the decisions they make (and they do make vary poor choices). 
Now you need to ask yourself (myself included) when was the last time you went into broken hearted prayer for those in a position of authority? I almost don't want to write this due to the conviction it brings to my heart. I find it easy to pray for those I stand in agreement with, but impossible to pray for those who want to push an agenda I disagree with. I want to call you to take a minute and pray for someone who has been given authority over you, your city, your state, or your country. 

No comments: