Friday, June 13, 2008

The forgiven' duty

My life has been all about the experience of sinful indulgences. Some experiences conscious and others unintentional. Either with intent or not the act was never-the-less sinful. How much have I been forgiven not to forgive others. "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive you your trespasses." (Matthew 18:35) Where is it my duty other than to forgive those in my life? For all those I have ever committed a trespass against and to those I will inevitably hurt in the future I sincerely ask forgiveness. My intention as a man striving to live not in the flesh but the spirit, is to experience the supremacy of God in all life. This can only be obtained by seeking God above all things. "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13) "For thus says the LORD of the house of Israel: "Seek me and live"(Amos 5:4). My heart yearns for a sinless spotless life. Repentance is often. My flesh weak. 
 

No comments: