Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 2011

This year I am having a hard time getting in the Christmas spirit. My guess is, it has to do with the lack of snow. For crying in the mud, we live in Minnesota! We should have multiple feet of snow on the ground, children riding on the backs of snowmobiles, frozen lakes and warm homes to retreat to.

But here we are, snowless, wrapping gifts, creating gifts, and doing what it takes to get in the Christmas spirit. I'm trying to change our mindsets to dwell on our savior, who came for the purpose of redemption. The Christmas season is full of "stuff" to get us off track. I am trying to change my mindset from the picturesque Christmas to the Christmas that point to the birth of Jesus.


As the head of my home it is my responsibility to show the importance of Jesus' birth and the tree he died on, not the tree in our living room with the lights on it. As a father this is my first Christmas, as a husband, it is my second. So, on this Christmas eve, we are looking to the coming of our savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: