Saturday, December 31, 2011

Welcoming the New Year


Every year we have an opportunity for new beginnings. A chance to start over and do things differently. However, as I look at this past year and what I see coming, there's not a whole lot I want to do differently. Naturally I always find room for improvement. But the overall trajectory of our life is full of God's blessings, making it easy to find our joy in him.

My wife and I have gotten plugged into a great church this year and we intend to continue to grow with this community and the friends we've made there. I enjoy the spirit of leadership I've seen in the men of Grace Church and I believe the overall congregation has a heart for God's call on their lives and a willingness to submit to that call. So after almost a year of seeking a church that has a balance of both gospel and community, Elise and I agree that we have finally found "Home".

My job is moving in a positive direction and I plan to continue my employment there and see where it takes me. I am so grateful for this job because without it my family and I would not be where we are at today.

Regarding our farming ambitions, this year is going to be another small stepping year as we plan, plant and grow a garden in the back yard. More than anything I just want the experience. With every student loan payment I make to the bank, I see us taking one step closer to being legitimate farmers. So as things move slowly, I will continue to read everything I can get my hands on so I am mentally equipped for life on the farm.

So as we enter this new year, looking back on how far we have come, and the journey we still have ahead of us, our new beginnings of this year are simply a continuation of the year gone past, for everyday has its own new beginning.

No comments: